Sunday, February 27, 2005

Ringing in my ears

I hope I'm not getting deaf. Everytime I hit the crash cymbal, I hear a ringing sound, something not very different from the phone's ring. And now, just after playing the drums for more than an hour, my right ear feels a bit weird, like some mass is inside it.

But my hearing's still fine, I think. Although surely it won't be soon, if I don't cut back on exposing my eardrums to sounds with above average decibel levels. But I can't stop drumming. Besides, I don't get to play the drums very often anyway, just once or twice a week.

What I can do is cut back on wearing earphones almost every waking office minute. Now, that's going to be a bit of challenge. Without my constant fix of music, I find it really hard to stay alert while working.

So here's hoping the wonders of coffee will still work on me. Coffee to prevent deafness, now that's something new.

No comments: