Thursday, June 02, 2005

Lunch

I joined Tid, Khen, Peejay, and Ades earlier today for lunch. I already had my usual packed lunch with me but could use some change of atmosphere so I decided to go with them to Casaa. We learned soon enough, though, that U.P. was in the thick of enrollment, so we found Casaa crowded--way too crowded to be risking waiting for a table given our limited break time. So we immediately transferred ourselves to Khas, which, albeit much more crowded than usual, still appeared to be able to accommodate us.

But how wrong we were.

Obtaining a table was easy enough. The frustratingly difficult part: getting through to even one waitress. It took us ages--at least three times asking for the menu and then three times being acknowledged that "yeah, it's coming", before having our tiny request pushed at the back of their minds so we had to ask them again--before we were finally able to get hold of a pair (which we realized we didn't need anymore because the waiting has made us recall our usual orders and that's what we're going to order to save precious minutes). And then we had to endure another millenium of waiting before the orders arrived. (A few minutes after our orders were taken I was so hungry already I went ahead to munch the bread that I'd brought along.)

Good thing the food seemed pleasant enough. Well, I really couldn't tell for sure, because I brought my own lunch, but everyone was instantly busy devouring their meals the second the food was put on the table. Could just be the hunger though...

Another plus was the food was cheap.

We could be definitely be back at Khas again, but definitely not during these kind of days.

No comments: