Saturday, July 28, 2007

Hairspray in my head

My song of the week is Without Love, from the Broadway musical, Hairspray. And it was stuck in my head because 1) I watched the musical last Sunday (starring the Broadway cast! Coolness!) and 2) After watching it, I searched for Hairspray videos in YouTube and the first videos that I chanced upon were performances for Without Love. I never had time anymore to watch any other number, and this was one fine number anyway, so I got stuck with it.

By the way, last Sunday's Hairspray was like wow! I really enjoyed it! The music was great and the dialogue was very funny! The performances were excellent too. Link was hunkalicious. I also found last Sunday's Seaweed better than the Seaweeds that I watched from YouTube (some of which featured the original one from Broadway).

It was also interesting how they got the audience involved for the last performance. During the intermission, they taught the audience some dance steps and so during the last performance, everyone was asked to stand up and join the cast in dancing. It was fun!

The movie is not yet here but I heard it's good, so I'll try not to miss it.

Without love
Life is like the seasons with
No summer
Without love
Life is rock 'n' roll without
A drummer

Darling, I'll be yours forever
'Cause I never wanna be
Without love
So darling, throw away the key...

--Hairspray

No comments: