Saturday, March 12, 2005

Peeta's propitious pacing

After much prodding from Ades and I, Peeta finally agreed to set the pace for tonight's jog. Apparently, he set a good one, because the three of us were able to overcome the hot summer air, exhaustion, and four whole acad oval rounds in record time: 1 hour. Well, that's a rough estimate, because my watch went to blank mode again late last night, and we were only able to keep track of the time through per-round checks from Peeta's constant companion, his Ipod. But we monitored faithfully and one hour was what we got. Although this was only my second four-round jog, but with the first one at one hour and three minutes, tonight's run was way shorter. Therefore, my fastest four rounds ever! Record time.

Tonight's was more enjoyable too, because despite not having music plugged to my eardrums like my buddies, I found myself bored only once. (Yes, it happens and it's very distracting.) I felt it coming when we were on our second round while plodding the uphill stretch along palma hall annex. Fortunately, as soon as I rounded the corner stepping onto the flat road of vinzon's hall, it was poof. And more fortunately, it never came back! Well, that's what some lung-torturing pace boost will do! (Very close to what we did.)

Courtesy of Mistah Peeta.

No comments: