Monday, August 01, 2005

OK Sunday

A few good things happened today - enough good things, actually, to make today one of my better days.

First, even though I was just in time for church when I should have arrived much earlier because I had to replace a guitar string that I snapped yesterday, it turned out I didn't have to. A new string was already fixed in place and the guitar was even tuned already.

Second, even though the guitar was tuned one key lower that the other instruments, and despite finding out about this too late, meaning I was actually already playing on stage, I was able, for the first time in my life, to transpose the chords on the spot. Being a far from good guitar player, I was really happy I pulled this off, because it can get really confusing! And good thing my bandmates were the most helpful, adjusting to me for the first song. Afterwards, though, it was either my way or the right way. Fortunately, I didn't mess up.

Third, I got to do some work at the office and help teammate Jon a bit with some debugging.

Fourth, I made it in the closing hours of the SM sale! And I got to buy some clothes and even a cardigan that I need for a friend's wedding.

Last, when I returned to the office from shopping, two heavy sticks of the most delightful Dannylicious barbeque, picked up and paid for already by my boss, were waiting for me! Yeah!

No comments: